Curriculum Vitae: Stephen Peter Birt
Date of birth: 29 January
Contact : phone 046 636 1388
: Cell 083 656 8810
: Fax 086 634 2477
Employment and educational background.
- Started a B. Comm degree at Rhodes in 1970 and qualified as CA(SA) in 1977
- Served as an articled clerk with A R Whiteley & Co from 1974 to 1976
- Joined National Lamps (Pty) Ltd in 1976 and appointed Managing Director in 1977
Resigned from the company in 1997.
- Bought ERA Drostdy Estates in 1997 (based in Grahamstown)
- In 2004 opened a 2nd office of ERA Drostdy Estates in Port Alfred
- In 2008 changed from an ERA franchise to a Sotheby’s franchise and amalgamated with the Port Alfred Sotheby’s office with the management responsibility for both offices.
- In 2013 I separated from the Port Alfred office and took ownership of the Sotheby’s, Grahamstown office
- In 2016 I relinquished the Sotheby’s franchise and started trading under the name Grahamstown Properties.
The Grahamstown office consists of 7 people who are all involved in property management, managing rentals and bodies corporate and doing residential, commercial and business sales on demand.
I have been married to my wife Mary for 44 years and we have 4 children and 7 of the best grandchildren in the country. I am a Lay-Minister at Christ Church, Grahamstown and a Church Warden. I play golf for leisure and am a member of the Grahamstown Wine Tasting Circle.